Pages - Menu

Monday 23 April 2012

REVIEW: Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

After my previous mascara (Rimmel London's Scandal Eyes) ran out, I was on the hunt for a new mascara which I'd never tried before. I had heard some positive things about Maybelline's 'Great lash' mascara. So I decided to give it a whirl. I'm starting to regret spending my £5 on this and I wish I'd brought a different mascara. 

You can buy this mascara from boots here for £4.99.




What Maybelline says;

"Conditions as it thickens. No clubs, no globs"


The packaging;

The packaging is nothing special in my opinion. Its not very eye catching so it wouldn't catch your eye whilst looking for a mascara. I do like how its compact and doesn't take up a lot of space in your makeup bag, So its easy to travel with. 

The wand; 

As you can tell from the image above, this mascara doesn't have a big wand. If you're looking for a mascara that gives you a dramatic, long - full lashes this isn't the one for you. The wand doesn't cover every lash in one stroke so I often find myself going over my lashes with the wand a lot so everyone gets covered. 

The finish; 

This mascara gives a everyday, not too dramatic look. Its a very natural looking mascara so if you're looking for something like this I highly recommend it. It does a very good job of separating your lashes making them look a little longer, but not fuller. You can see the finish below;

(L-R) The wand close up, After the mascara's been applied.


Pros and cons; 

Pros;
- Gives a nice, everyday, natural look. 
- The packaging is a nice and compact. 

Cons;
- The wand is very small. 
- Costs too much for what it actually does. 



Final opinion;

I highly recommend this mascara to someone who is new to makeup and is looking for their first/second mascara to use. Its great for things like school/work as it doesn't look too over the top, but widens your eyes and nicely separates your lashes, giving them a nice black look.  Call me tight with my money but I feel that this mascara's price tag is too high for what it actually does. I think it should be lowed in price to around £3.99. There are many cheaper mascaras on the market what does the same/better job!



 Issy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment